This role will manage key vendor and service management initiatives, working with peer organizations as well as our service provider partners. It’s focus will be on migration of application environments into managed cloud, but extend to other SOC2 onboarding environments as well. Both onboarding of new business units and operational support of existing will be essential for the role, aggressively enhancing the levels of support. The role will work with partner teams to initiate and coordinate improvements to service platforms across cloud and traditional hosting environments.
- Ability to understand and arbitrate technical impact based on:
- Usage and Performance characteristics of various infrastructure components
- Environment impacts due to infrastructure un-planned outages or component failures
- Benefits and Risks associated with planned or proposed Changes to the environment
- Collaborate with Infrastructure, Application and Business System leaders during Standard Operating / Steady State and Crisis situations
- Strong written and verbal reporting skills, with ability to provide information for different audience levels at different levels of detail.
- Solid experience practicing these in a fast paced, Operations / Engineering environment.
Required Experience / Technical Skills
- AWS and Azure Cloud proficiency
- Backup, storage, networking technologies used in both as part of Enterprise
- Knowledge of both cloud providers’ portals, account management tools, customer notification models
- Experience with ITIL based processes of Service Request, Change, Incident, Problem management
- Experience as part of CAB and Incident bridge resolution execution.
- Experience in support of technical compliance efforts such as SOC2 (or similar) audit certification
Additional Experience / Technical Skills
- SoftLayer private cloud experience and knowledge
- Experience with monitoring and systems tools including Opsramp, Rightscale, AppDynamics, QRADAR, Tripwire, Azure Security Center (FIM/IDS), Service Now.
- Working knowledge of the following Core cloud technologies supporting GBS CaaS
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Azure Container Registry (ACR)
- AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- AWS Elastic Container Registry (ECR)
- Azure Virtual Networking (VNET) and Load Balancers
- AWS Virtual Private Network (VPC) and Load Balancers
- Working knowledge of the following Core extension components deployed with the GBS CaaS platform and Kubernetes:
- TwistLock (Palo Alto Prisma)