Senior System Admin
The Sr. System Administrator will be part of the information technology (IT) infrastructure team providing support to existing and future data center operations and web application administration.
- Interface with engineering teams as an IT consultant and/or analyst, gathering requirements to ensure an architecture consist with organizational standards and goals.
- System and application administration including web hosted environments, mobile platforms, and development/test environments across multiple geographical locations.
- Interface with Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services and contracted 3rd party information technology suppliers.
- Performs system monitoring, triage, analysis and performance tuning to ensure that applications meet documented service level agreements.
- Responsible for managing standard application/system configurations including system security.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Create and maintain physical/virtual servers, networks, and storage resources.
- Share responsibility with team members for on-call responsibilities.
- Research new technologies and trends to support various application/system environments.
- Implement and maintain administration automation tools.
- Prepare procurement requests for hardware, software and support renewals.
- Perform effort planning and scheduling for infrastructure activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ work experience as network/system/web administrator, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, or CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidates should possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management and system architecture skills in addition to in-depth knowledge of hardware and software.
- Excellent Communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical staff and business/sales professionals, as well as a capacity for seeing the big picture in terms of the product and product life cycle.
- Agile Project Management/Task Prioritization
- Computer Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux (Red Hat and CentOS) operating systems
- Proficient in server, storage and network hardware components and cabling
- VMWare vSphere 4.x with VMWare HA or higher
- Scripting/Automation Tools – Kickstart, Linux/UNIX shell scripts, PowerShell, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Cloud providers (AWS/Azure).
- EMC Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Cisco and Brocade routers/switches/load balancers
- DNS, LDAP, FTP, NTP, Sendmail, VPN, SSH, RSYNC, SAMBA