Global software company
- Information Services
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Data Integration
- Platform Architecture & Advisory
About the Client
The healthcare business unit of a global publishing company received a corporate mandate to migrate from their current marketing automation platform (MAP) to Marketo.
- Implementing the Marketo marketing automation platform (MAP)
- Rapid timetable due to expiring contract
- Lacked documentation around current MAP
- Did not have in-house expertise for Marketo
A global publishing company’s healthcare group needed to switch marketing automation platforms and migrate to Marketo. Accelerating the timetable for this migration was the fact that their contract for their current MAP was set to expire soon.
Migration efforts were hamstrung by several obstacles, including a lack of documentation around the current MAP’s architecture. Also, the client did not have the in-house expertise to manage the current MAP and relied on third-parties to manage the instance. The client wanted to avoid this situation with Marketo and needed their internal team to own the platform.
Strategy & Solution
- Provided a team of platform experts and a PM
- Implemented Marketo before previous contract ran out
- Integrated Marketo with Salesforce
- Trained in-house team to manage the platform on their own
We provided a team of marketing strategists, Marketo architects, Salesforce architects, and a project manager to architect and implement a solution before their MAP contract ran out. This included migrating existing MAP assets and functionalities into Marketo, while adding new capabilities to better support business requirements.
We documented the design and trained the team so they could effectively manage their Marketo instance and onboard new team members with ease.
We also integrated Marketo with their Salesforce CRM. After the migration, data flowed to Salesforce faster and enabled more informed follow-up to scored leads and leadership could view real time reports, showing progression through their funnel.